GIZ in Grenada is looking from applications from suitable candidates from the Caribbean working on climate change mitigation in the cooling sector.
The German Agency for Development Cooperation (Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ) GmbH (www.giz.de) seeks to employ a
Technical Expert (m/f) for Cooling Systems and Climate Policy/Energy efficiency
to support the implementation activities in Grenada and in the region for the programme “Cool Contributions fighting Climate Change” (C4).
The C4 project, financed by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety under the International Climate Initiative (www.international-climate-initiative.com/en/) supports the Government of Grenada in formulating mitigation strategies in the refrigeration, air conditioning and foam (RAC &F) sector and thereby advancing the Nationally Determined Contributions to the Paris Agreement. The improved framework conditions will encourage the use of energy-efficient RAC&F equipment and environmentally-friendly natural refrigerants and blowing agents. These measures will, in turn, lead to realizing a more climate-friendly RAC&F development pathway.
The successful candidate will work closely, on a day-to-day basis, with the counterparts in the Ministry of Finance and Energy and the Ministry of Education, Human Research Development and the Environment for the implementation of C4 Project. He or she will also need to collaborate with a global team working on the C4 project in GIZ HQ in Germany.
He or she will be working with a focus on:
§ Support of policy and transition processes in Grenada for integrated ozone and climate protection with the following areas:
- Assist national consultant(s) to develop and implement:
- Inventory on RAC applications in Grenada;
- System to survey regulated to define mitigation scenarios;
- Training and information sharing activities in line with national concepts for regulation of F-gases.
§ Support of sector-specific NDC development with the following objectives:
- Analysis of Grenada’s NDCs and a sector specific proposal for F-gas alternatives implemented;
- Evaluation of costs and performance of climate friendly RAC&F technologies;
- Collection and collation of consumption data;
- Identification of key barriers and development and implementation of strategies to overcome these barriers.
· University degree, ideally in a subject related to climate change mitigation, energy economics, Refrigeration Air Conditioning & Foam RAC&F).
Professional Experience and required competences
· At least 2 years of professional working experience in public advisory services or in the private sector, with a focus on RAC&F, climate change mitigation and or/ finance, energy or similar fields;
· experience in project management, change processes, multi-stakeholder coordination across various sectors in Grenada;
· Economic and technical analysis, experience with public awareness-raising and capacity building activities would be an asset;
· Excellent communication and networking skills;
· Very good analytical and writing skills.
Languages and Applications:
Fluency in spoken and written English,